Monday, June 6, 2011

Which One Wednesday - Red

Red is my favorite color so it was an obvious choice for the Which One Wednesday Challenge. The challenge was to make a card using one color.  This turned out to be harder than I thought.  I started with Cheeky Rockabilly because she is so fun and sassy.  She is colored and blended with Prismacolor pencils.  (Notice the shades of red in her hair.)  Then I tried about three different layouts until I found one I wanted to use.  I wanted to add lots of texture since the color was the same. First, I layered two shades of red and I embossed the word, "THANKS" in another shade of red.  I put the embossed word on top of two flowers.  I used pop dots to make the girl stand out.  Then I added the rick rack red ribbon at the bottom.  For an added touch, I placed three red heart brads on the left.  Wouldn't this card be fun as a bright thank you?

No comments: