Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thank Ewe

It is no secret that I think Thank You cards are so very important.  I was taught that when someone does something nice for you or buys you something, you write them a thank you note.  This has become a lost art so to speak.  Well, as a teacher, it is my responsibility to teach manners to my students so whenever they give me something, I write them a note.  For Teacher Appreciation Week, I received lots of goodies.  I made these "Thank Ewe" notes for each of my students.  The lamb is a stamp from Sandylion.  I wrapped some green eyelash yarn around the bottom of the card to make grass.  Then I glued on the lamb and stamped "Thank Ewe."  My students were happy to find them on their desks.  (I have to warn you though - my 8 and 9 year old boys proceded to tear off the yarn and put it in their hair to make green hair for the day.  I had to turn away.)  It's the thought that counts, right?!

No comments: