Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!




Happy New Year everyone! I am so glad it is a new year - ready for a fresh start. I don't like making resolutions, probably because I end up breaking them the first week. Instead, I am going to try some goals. Not sure how they are that different, but maybe it will help. My goal for this blog is to create something new every week, whether it be a card, a layout, or a gift. I think I can do that! So here goes!


Kate is turning 7 years old in a few weeks! (I keep telling her she cannot be older than 4, but she does not believe me.) Instead of a card, I made her a brown bag book. I took three lunch sacks that I folded together and binded on the side. Then I printed out pictures and sentences about Kate. I thought about 7 things that I love about her. These included, "You are brave enough to try new things," and "You love music." I did not add a lot of embellishments because I wanted the pictures to be the main focus. Fun and easy to make. Hope she loves it too!
This goal thing is starting out just fine!

No comments: