Monday, January 24, 2011

Football and Card Making


I LOVE football! I am not sure what I love more, paper crafting or football but they are a close tie. I have spent the last several weekends watching my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers, fight for a spot in the Super Bowl. I can hardly believe it! So, I combined the Packers' colors with a cute card for a Saturday Sketch. I used a sketch to create this card.
First, I created a basic 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" card out of yellow cardstock. Then I cut a smaller 5" square out of the green colored cardstock. To add some details, I drew black stitching along the edges. I then put several strips of white and green papers that I inked with green in the middle of the card. The middle square is the same yellow as the base and is 4". I then tied some green yarn around the middle. I love this yarn because it reminds me of grass. Football Ian is colored with green and gold! I made the goal post embellishment out of cardstock and ribbon. To celebrate the great football weekend, I stamped, "Party Time" in the corner.
See - you can combine football and card making! Have a great week!

No comments: