Sunday, October 2, 2011

Metal Signs


I found this cute and spooky sign idea from Authentique Papers.  Start with a Metal Decor sign from Michael's.  It is part of their Celebrate It line and I found these near the wooden frames section.  I then layered two pieces of cardstock.  These are all just extra Halloween papers I have collected over the years and never used.  (The original idea used their own line of papers that I think looked great on their site.)  I used a foam brush and painted the edges black.  While those dried, I tied some black wire ribbon into bows at the top.  Then I used the We R Memory Keepers paper piercer to punch holes around all four sides of the papers to give them a little more texture.  I glued this to the middle of the signs.  Then I tied some various Halloween ribbons to the bottom half of the signs.  Using my Cricut, I cut out some orange tags and addeed some Soft Spoken embellishments from Me & My Big Ideas.  I love how these turned out because I used so many Halloween pieces I have had for years and never knew what to do with.  Think of the what you can make with your Halloween stash!


No comments: