Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding with a Swirl

For our friends' wedding, I did not want to create the typical wedding card of bells and hearts.  There is nothing wrong with those, but Holli and Ryan deserved something different and unique.  (I got this idea while looking at the wedding cards at Target.)  First, I covered the card with some green Basic Grey paper because the wedding was in October and I wanted fall colors. Then I cut out the green swirl using Storybook.  I covered the swirl in clear embossing powder and heated it to give it some shine and texture.  After adhering it to the paper, I added the rhinestones and the quote that says, "to have and to hold . . ."  On the inside, I continued the same colors and finished it with, "from this day forward."  I usually am a stickler for capital letters, but the lowercase letters seemed to fit this card perfectly.  I hope their marriage is as wonderful as their wedding was.  Congratulations Holli and Ryan!

No comments: