Friday, November 19, 2010

Greeting Farm Challenge






I have to admit, I used to think using sketches for my scrapbook pages was stealing someone else' ideas. Now, I see how they can spark my creativity and get me out of my rut. In the past two days, I have made two pages with pictures I have had sitting in a box for two years. Sketches are good!

This sketch was found on The Greeting Farm blog for a challenge. I used some American Crafts patterned paper called, "Merrymint." This paper is the main background and also frames the pictures. I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge to cut the scallop around the solid red cardstock. To make the green circle, I just traced a tupperware bowl. The stamp is from The Greeting Farm. She is Dahlia. I colored her Christmas colors to match the gingerbread house that Kate is making. I edged the circle in red and attached it using pop dots. Then I cut out, "SWEET" using the same patterned paper. The challenge had journaling under the title, so I handwrote a little bit about the picture. Let's see what sketches I can find next!

No comments: