Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Glimmer


Do you like things that sparkle? I do, but without the glittery mess. I recently discovered Glimmer Mist. It comes in lots of different shimmery colors. Basically, it is a water based spray that adds a little bit of shine to your cards and other crafty things. Well, I took this flower idea from another website and tweaked it to make it my own. First, I cut out eight scalloped circles out of vellum and sprayed them with Viva Pink Glimmer Mist. They instantly curled up but I did not fret. I got out my heat tool and they flattened back out and dried. Then I cut another scalloped circle out of some pink cardstock. I folded each piece of vellum three times and made the petals of the flower. Using double sided tape, I taped each one into place onto the pink scalloped circle. For the middle, I simply glued on a button. When I was little, I used to take ribbons and yarn and tie them into knots to make different things. (Don't worry, therapy is helping!) So I had this shimmery green ribbon and began to tie it into knots. It made a cute stem with leaves. I glued a piece of cardstock onto a white card and glued my flower into place. This was a thank you card for a very special friend. Spray and be glimmery. (I bought my Glimmer Mist at Crop Girls.)

No comments: