Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So Hard to be a Scrapper


Don't you just love creative friends? I do, but then the pressure is on. They give you something creative and cute or they help you out and you want to thank them. You want to give them a thank you card but it has to be so cute because they are creative too and you remember the cute cards they have given you. Oh the stress we scrappers cause ourselves! It is a great dilemna to have though! Last week, I was pleasantly surprised by a Halloween treat from a former student whose grandmother makes the cutest cards. Then, I got some help in my classroom from two wonderful mothers who helped make 26 caramel apples for some very hungry and excited third graders. (They are both crafty too!) What to do?! Of course, I used the Cricut and cut out some one and a half inch ovals out of orange cardstock. I stamped a leaf and Give Thanks from a Will N. Way set I had. The ink is Color Box Chalk in Chestnut Roan. I then took one oval as the base and folded the other three ovals in half and glued them together to make them stand out. To give the card some color, I used some chalk on the leaf and quote and used some green fibers before I glued on the pumpkin. Now I hope I lived up to the high expectations - at least until next time! Thank a fellow creative one today!

No comments: