Monday, June 22, 2009

Is it vinyl or art?


There has been nothing above my bed for quite a while now. I used to have a huge picture but it did not match anything so I took it down. My sister gave me a large metal thing to hang up there but I imagined it falling during the middle of the night and crushing me. What to do? What to do? I know - cut something from vinyl and hang it up. So I tried it and this is how it turned out. I had always thought I would do four squares but I like the look of three. First, I cut strips of 1 inch by 12 inch in brown and made the frames. Then, I used the Storybook cartridge and cut the flowers out at 3 and 1/2 inches in red and beige. The middle beige one is hard to see in the picture but shows up well in person. (I would have done them all in red but I ran out!!) Not bad for a first timer and a girl who never makes straight lines. I have always done words, never objects in vinyl. Now, what to do on all of the other walls!!

No comments: