Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Acrylic and Vinyl?











Hello everyone,




Years ago, when I started venturing into this hobby called scrapbooking, I used construction paper, rubber cement, and markers. Well times have changed. I just finished an acrylic album using paint, stickers, rub ons, paint samples, die cuts, and vinyl. Yes - vinyl!!! First of all, the album is clear so anything you put on one side, you see on the other side. This was a challenge. I used lots of paint to try to hide the back of things. I had to keep thinking - how will this look from the other side. Then, I remembered a lovely informercial about my wonderful Cricut machine. Use vinyl!!! So - my dad took me to a little place that sells vinyl. My Cricut cut through it like butter!! It is tricky to use and will take a little bit of practice, but it stuck instantly to the acrylic - no need for adhesive. I made the gold diamonds out of it and the yellow crown. Let me know what you think and I can get some for you too! On the very last page, the crown lights up! So much fun! (And the princess in this book is Kate, who is dressed like Belle!)

No comments: