Saturday, February 9, 2008

Funk!





Hello! It has been so long since I posted anything. I guess I have been in a funk lately! What does that mean? I am not really sure but I have not been feeling very creative lately. My real job of teaching has gotten me down. It just amazes me how much children have changed - and not for the better. Anyways, I hope to get out of this mood very soon!






To give hope to all teachers out there, there is always Teacher Appreciation Week. This is usually the first week of May. Our PTA always does fabulous things for us and my students usually draw me pictures and write me kind words. (We shall see this year!?) One thing that I made for some teachers is this Teach word book. I made it about four inches tall and used lots of teacher themed paper. Instead of pictures, I filled it with stickers and quotes like:






"The secret of teaching is to appear to
have known all your life what you just
learned this morning."


"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher
explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires."





Sometimes teachers need a reminder of this! We need to remember that we are doing something truly important each and every day. Why not thank your favorite teacher today?!

No comments: