Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Chocolate Cake? Maybe?

This might come a shock to some of you, but normally, I do not like chocolate cake.  I prefer vanilla.  I know. I know.  Something might be wrong with me but don't worry, I found a chocolate cake that I love. 

For her birthday, my little sister wanted a peanut butter and chocolate cake. Any peanut butter and chocolate cake.  So, I did a little searching and found this Peanut Butter Cup Overload Cake at:

www.isinginthekitchen.com/2014/08/15/chocolate-peanut-butter-cup-overload-cake-cool-new-music-from-alt-j/


Go there now!!!!  This cake was delicious.  It was one of those cakes where you only need a sliver and you are happy.  Normally, I eat a HUGE piece of cake but that was not necessary with this.  I cannot decide if my favorite part was the peanut butter frosting or the chocolate ganache. I just wanted to take a bite and hold it in my mouth. Forever. And ever.  It was that good.

A few things I did differently than the original.  I made my own buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to a cup of milk. Instead of coffee, I used instant expresso powder and I did not add peanut butter cups to every layer.  I only put them on the top. 

I completely forgot to take a picture of the cake.  (Blog fail!)  But you can take your own picture after you make it. And you should go make it.  Now!

No comments: