Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sew What?




I realize I have not posted anything in a while. It might have something to do with the fact that I have not scrapbooked in a long time. I cannot even remember the last layout I did - I will have to remedy that very quickly! So what have I been doing? Sewing of course! Last year, I discovered how to make ski caps with fringe on top and I made a few for my friends and their kids. Well, Miss Kate called me up one night and asked if I would make some for party favors for her sledding party. "Of course," I said. "How many do you need?" "Oh, about 23," she replied nonchalantly. Say what? I quickly asked to talk to her mom and she confirmed the number since the new thing is to invite everyone in your child's class. Okay! A few days later they decided, notice I said they, to add scarves to the mix. The hats were easier to make than the quick little scarves that kept jamming my machine and made me curse my bobbin but the party goers loved them and I guess they keep wearing them to school. Kate, though, has asked me that I make her some in several colors so they coordinate with her clothes. Oh Kate!!

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Wow! What a good friend you are. They're adorable :)