Thursday, October 15, 2009

Published


As a scrapbooker, I get in a rut but I am also nervous to leave my comfort zone. What if I mess up? What if it does not look right? (I always tell my students, "No What ifs?") I should take my own advice. So, my bff Jamie was published in a magazine for teachers. Pretty impressive! They came to his school and interviewed him. When he gave me my copy, he slyly hinted that it would be great if I could do something with it so he could showcase it in his house. "Like what>" I asked him. He said, "Oh I trust you." No pressure!! Well, I had no idea what I was doing but I bought a shadow box at Michael's that had velcro along the back. Then I photocopied the article and put the original magazine in a page protector. I velcroed the page protector in the box in case he ever wants to take the magazine out. Then I bound all of the pages together with a brad and velcroed them to the board. Now, when someone looks at it, I wanted them to see his quotes and parts of the article so I copied those and backed them with some blue paper. Yes, those pieces are velcroed too. Finally, it just needed something. I was going to make some blue butteflies to match the cover but I thought that was too much so I just added some ribbon. All done! He gets it this Friday so I am hoping for his approval. He certainly got mine!

No comments: