Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Creamy Tomato Soup

Back in October, I planted two tomato plants. They got HUGE very quickly.

By the end of November, I easily had 30 or more tomatoes on each plant.  (One was a regular size and the other was a cherry tomato.)  This was amazing but this was also about the time my 3 month old puppy discovered my garden.  She was drawn to the tomato plants and started to eat the plant.  Thankfully, she left the tomatoes alone but she was killing the plants.  (Puppies are SO much fun.)

I decided to pick all of the tomatoes.  Most of them were still green but I left them on my counter.  Now, it is January and I am still enjoying these tomatoes that have now turned red.  What to do with so many tomatoes?  Make soup, of course!

Click on the link below to print my recipe.  I added some dried basil to this soup when I added the tomatoes.  I forgot to put this on the recipe.  You can also add fresh basil.  Just chop it up.
Creamy Tomato Soup



                                       I just love the smell of onions and garlic, don't you.















My prized tomatoes. (Okay, they did not really win a prize but I was super proud of them.  I used both cherry tomatoes and my bigger tomatoes.  I even used a green tomato. Why not?)



My favorite pot.  Pioneer Woman, of course.  How can you not love a pot with a butterfly for the handle?





Simmering goodness.  This makes a lot of soup so I pour it into individual containers and I freeze them to take to lunch. This would go great with some grilled cheese sandwiches.  Or would taste great all by itself.  Enjo!

No comments: