Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome Dylan!


This evening, we get to go and celebrate Dylan's arrival with the Mensay family. When Dylan's big brother arrived, I made him some onesies similar to these so I could not let Dylan down. First, I cut out 4" by 4" squares of fabric and ironed on Heat N' Bond to the back. Then I tried to cut the fabric with my Cricut. This was unsuccessful. I have watched so many videos and tried it some many ways. Instead of ruining more fabric and seeing how far my Cricut could fly, I used my old tried and true method. I cut out the shapes on paper first. Then I traced the designs on the paper backing and cut them out by hand. Peeled off the paper backing and ironed the shapes to the onesies. The umbrella was two pieces and so was the popsicle. I believe the umbrella and popsicle were from the Simply Charmed cartridge (adorable shapes) and the D was from Mickey Font. I love how these turned out and I cannot wait to see them on Dylan. Welcome little one!

If you like these, please check out my Etsy shop for some more. Or let me know what you would like for your little one.


No comments: