Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer?


Where did this summer go? I had such big plans to make so many projects and keep this blog busy. Now school has started again and my days are filled with 3rd graders. Not much time for scrapbooking! My goal this school year is to find more balance with work and play so here goes.
A good friend of the families' daughter is getting married soon and we were invited to her wedding shower. I went to Michael's and found this wooden frame that measures 12 by 12. First, I painted the edges green and then I used some embellished daisy paper by K & Company. The paper is an off white and the daisies are raised on it to give it some texture. I have had this paper forever so I was glad to finally use it. When I went to cut out the rectangle for the picture, I did not measure correctly. The glass does not come out of the frame so I had to measure and cut and estimate where it would fit. It did not turn out perfectly so I ended up painting green around the picture area and then glued the paper on. I like how it will frame their picture. Then I took some yellow chalk and highlighted the middle of each daisy. I had an extra sheet of this paper so I cut out some more daisies and used some pop dots to glue them to the corners. Finally, I found a quote about love that I printed and matted with some yellow cardstock. I hope the bride likes it and finds a perfect picture to put inside. Here is to taking the time to stop and smell the flowers! Have a great week!

No comments: