Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Love Bugs!



Now anyone who knows me, knows how much I love being a teacher but sometimes my kiddos drive me crazy! But then I remember, they are just kids and this week is no exception. They are so giddy about Valentine's day. We had a yelling match today because an aunt and nephew in my class (I will explain later) were telling others what kinds of Valentine's they were bringing and it was supposed to be a secret. Ah, the day of love!


For my class, I made them their very own love bugs! I used the Cricut (as if) with the Walk in My Garden cartridge. The ladybugs are 5 inches in size. Then I cut out the wings with the blackout key and attached it to the ladybug with a heart brad. The heart paper is from Hobby Lobby. The circle inside is 4 and 1/2 inches. I stamped, "Be My Lovebug" in some red chalk ink. We will see what my lovebugs think of them tomorrow at our card exchange. I love watching them read each other's cards. Last year, I helped one of my boys sneak a box of chocolates into a girl's desk. Ah - I want to be 9 again!

No comments: